Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Nom nom nom


I guess I'm running out of things to say if I'm starting to post pictures of my food. But this was a good meal. Maybe I was just extra hungry tonight or something. The mashed potatoes here are really good. I always get them when they have them out, which is several times a week usually. And some rice and stir-fry type vegetables and a nice vegetarian Prime Steak thing that my wife sent me. And I ate it in my room instead of the noisy dining facility. The oriental food is the best here. I wish they had it every night. Sometimes they have egg rolls, rice, stir-fry, General Tso's Chicken, etc. Good stuff.

Also they just rearranged the dining facility a little so that instead of walking by the cold sandwich bar on the way out the exit, you walk right by the dessert bar! What are they thinking? Everyone is going to get fatter now because they have to walk by a 25 foot counter full of pies, cakes, cookies, ice cream, milk shakes, a sundae bar, pop-tarts, brownies, smoothies, hot fudge, etc. Before it was in the middle of the room and you could avoid it but now it's right there all the time.

3 comments:

  1. maybe it's like Gideon when the Lord was thinning out the troops to fight the Midianites? ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know a tiny bit about what you mean... Mom bought an entire CASE of girl scout cookies... you know how crazy I am about those tagalongs with the peanutbutter & chocolate? Well she likes to keep an open box out on the countertop at all times, tempting us both. I was proud though - she just finished up the first box last night and I hadn't taken a single cookie from the box! - Mom replied that that's not good, that means she ate the entire thing since Sunday on her own! (She doesn't have much, if any, weight to loose like I do while you're gone though)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's good that you are able to have a nice vegetarian meal, and your lucky that Jenee' sent you some Grillers!

    Your Favorite Little Brother

    ReplyDelete