Actually I won't because I've been relieved of duty, hooray! That means I don't have to go to work anymore, I'm just sitting around waiting for a flight out and am much closer to being home.
I have a new roommate, and it's... interesting. There is a cornucopia of new smells in my room...
...
...
My AC also just broke yesterday, so it's very hot in my room. Which doesn't help with the new smells.
Oh well, I'm out of her shortly and then I'll have a much cleaner, prettier roommate again. :-)
I'm really glad I didn't join the Army. It seems like it's much more like the actual military than the Air Force. The Army guys do runs around the base in formation singing jodies like we did in basic training. We saw one group the other day and there was a guy lagging behind so someone else ran back to him and was like "What, you can't MAINTAIN? YOU CAN'T KEEP FACE??? OOOORAAAAH!!". All the Air Force guys just chuckled, got in our truck, drove to the quarter mile to the dining facility and had some ice cream.
They try to do that at my home base sometimes as well. They'll have once a month "fun runs" (running is not fun) and during the run we start out in formation and some high ranking enlisted guy will try to get people to sing a jody and about 6 people will do it for a minute and then it quickly fades away.
Hope you can hurry home to your wifey :)
ReplyDeleteHey Derek,
ReplyDeleteThanks for doing the blog during your tour. It was amazing. You are amazing. Hurry home now. :-)