Here's a shot of all the great toys I had waiting for me when I got home that I ordered while over in Iraq.
And the lovely new home my wife setup while I was gone. Very nicely furnished and feels very much like home!
The bed with the pillowcase that she had made so she wouldn't miss me as much while I was gone. :)
I missed her!
Great things about being home:
- I can walk to the bathroom in 10 seconds and it doesn't require getting fully dressed including socks and tucking in my shirt.
- I can drive anywhere in my own car whenever I want.
- My computer is awesome and my monitors are HUGE compared to the tiny 10" laptop I had been using.
- There are no Iraqis, no waking up at 5am (at least until I go back to work), no rocket attacks, no 110 degree weather, no dust storms.
- I can wear civilian clothes again and just relax in some shorts.
- My roommate is much less smelly and much more clean and sexy.
- My internet is fast. Things actually happen when I try to go to a web page.
- No camel spiders.
- There is COLOR outside! Green grass! Green trees! Whitecapped mountains!
- There are cars that aren't white trucks or gigantic Army MRAPs.
- My bed is soft and awesome.
Things that aren't as good about being home:
- I don't get paid as much.
- I can't just give my laundry to Lulu and pick it up the next day.
- I have to pay for food and gas again.
As you can see, the benefits greatly outweigh the drawbacks! So glad to be home!






NICE! Welcome home brotha!
ReplyDelete